With everyone at home, people are more eager than ever to satisfy their wanderlust. With the help of technology, there are a variety of ways you can enjoy some truly incomparable experiences. From the comfort of your own home, go on a tour, take a cooking class, experience cultural phenomenons and even watch live shows! Here are our team’s top recommendations.
Engage your mind with online workshops and retreats
According to a survey conducted by OnePoll, 69% of respondents expressed the desire to spend their quarantine period learning a new skill. For travel advisors, this is an opportunity to elevate your clients’ stay-at-home experience and leave them with a positive, lasting memory.
• Take a pasta-making course with Nonna Nerina and Family
• Sign up for a variety of fitness classes offered by ClassPass to relax the mind and energize the body
• With Sacred Journey, clients can get three free months of meditation and mindfulness courses
• Send your clients on a virtual retreat, such as a yoga retreat or any number of online workshops
Experience the great outdoors
Seeing the world has never been easier! Hundreds of national parks and natural wonders can be experienced in a way never before (from the comfort of your couch):
• Take a virtual trip across Japan with this 360-degree VR movie from the Japan National Tourism Organization
• Scale the Great Wall of China without stepping outside your house
• Discover the wonder of the Giant’s Causeway and the coasts of Northern Ireland
• Trek the Grand Canyon’s Bright Angel Trail from your balcony while enjoying a freshly brewed cup of coffee at the same time
Visit famous museums and tourist attractions
Without the long lines and packed crowds, some of the most iconic tourist attractions and hotspots are readily available at the tip of your hands.
• See the smile of Mona Lisa by visiting the Louvre – une expérience complètement virtuelle
• Visit one of Italy’s most iconic sites through this 360-degree tour of the Leaning Tower of Pisa
• Take an up close look at exhibits from the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History
• Explore the 5,000-year-old tomb of Queen Meresankh III for free courtesy of the Egyptian Tourist Board
Send your clients (and yourself) on a well-deserved escape; give your clients the ultimate at-home travel experience to show them that you’re still thinking about them during this time.
Want to learn more about how Umapped can help? Join us for our inaugural training series starting July 9; our Working Smart series is designed to help advisors build their Umapped collection of Trips, Templates, and content, including Vendor profiles, all in preparation for when travel inquiries pick up. This webinar series focuses on creating domestic travel content as well as all of the best practices for how advisors can become a Umapped expert to better engage with customers and deliver exciting trip planning ideas. Complete details can be found on our webinar page.
Need additional training? Schedule a 1-on-1 with a member of our Customer Success team where you can ask questions, voice your feedback, and get some useful tips!