Umapped Inc. (“Umapped” or “we”) recognizes the need to protect the privacy of the personal information you provide us with respect to your access and use of Umapped’s website (www.umapped.com) or through Umapped’s mobile and web applications (the website and such mobile and web applications being collectively referred to as the “Applications”).
1. Protection of Your Information.
We are accountable for the information in our custody. Therefore, when we collect or use your information, we will utilize commercially reasonable safeguards to ensure its protection. It should be noted that no security procedure is currently 100% effective. Should any breach of your personal information occur, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible.
2. Type and Purpose of Collection.
We collect information at various points in the Applications to facilitate its use by our customers. Specifically, two types of information are collected:
- a. Non-Personal Information: Upon accessing the Applications, certain non-personal information will be automatically collected without your knowledge or consent, such as your IP address and the referring website (“Non-Personal Information”). We use Non-Personal Information to examine our traffic and to view how our customers use the Applications. This type of information will not allow you to be personally identified. For example, we use “cookies”, which contains only certain statistical information. You can instruct your computer to inform you whenever a cookie is being sent, or you can disallow cookies through your web browser. If you do choose to disallow cookies, your experience on the Applications may be diminished, or your ability to choose some of the options on the Applications may be limited.
- We also automatically collect certain information when you use the Applications, such as your location/GPS coordinates (if you enable this feature), a device identifier (but not the UDID), MAC address, Internet Protocol (IP) address (if using a browser), operating system, the browser type, the address of a referring site and your activity on the Applications. You can enable or disable location services when you use the Applications at anytime, through your settings. This information is not treated as personal information unless we combine it with or link it to any of the personally identifiable information mentioned below.
- b. Identifying Personal Information: To utilize some portions of the Applications, you must first provide personal information that will allow you to be identified (“Personal Information”). This type of information will not be collected without your consent. The purposes of the collection of Personal Information are the following:
- i. To establish a relationship with you;
- ii. To facilitate your service with our affiliated service providers;
- iii. To allow us to provide to you the services requested by you or by a third party service provider, such as a travel company, hired by you;
- iv. To anticipate and resolve problems with your service;
- v. To understand your needs and desires vis-à-vis the Applications;
- vi. To update you on changes to our services or products, including new promotions.
We expressly acknowledge that we will not use your Personal Information for any other purposes without your consent. Further, we will only collect Personal Information to the extent necessary for the above mentioned purposes. The Personal Information we collect will vary depending on how you are using the Applications, but may include, without limitation, your address, phone number, email address, and credit card information.
3. Right to Examine Information.
You have the right to examine any of your Personal Information that we collect. Should you wish to examine such information, please send us a written request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable administrative fee to access your information.
4. Sharing Information.
We will not sell, rent or disclose to outside parties the information we collect, save and except that we may share the collected information with other parties as follows:
- a. Affiliated Service Providers: We have agreements with various affiliated service providers to facilitate the functioning of the Applications, with whom we may share the information we have collected.
- b. Friends: With your friends on the Applications with whom you want to share your moments on the Applications and according to the preferences set in your account.
- c. Third Party Service Providers: If you are using the Applications in connection with services provided to you by a third party service provider such as a travel company, the organization will be entitled to provide Umapped with information regarding your itineraries along with your name and email that will be added to the information collected from you and such organization will be entitled to access all such information whether provided by it or collected from you.
- d. Social Sites: With certain social networking services, if you allow such sharing through the Applications.
- e. Where required by law: We may share the collected information where required by law, specifically in response to a demand from government authorities where such demand meets the legal requirements.
- f. Statistical Analysis: We may share Non-Personal Information and aggregated information with third parties for advertising or marketing purposes. No Personal Information will be shared in this manner.
- g. Transactions: In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets.
5. External Links.
The Applications contains links and references to other websites. We are not responsible for the collection, use and disclosure of information, or the privacy practices of such websites, and we expressly disclaim any liability relating thereto.
6. International Transfer.